Jun 4, 2009

Cell phones are coo.


You can use them to keep in touch with your parents when you're out, text people when you're in a quiet place/don't feel like talking, call your friends when your home phone is busy. With the wonders of modern technology you can even surf the web, send emails, etc. So yes, I quite like cell phones, but at the same time I have to admit, a lot of people just don't know how to use them properly, and it can get pretty annoying.

5 things I think people should follow when using cell phones..

1.
No talking loudly in public. Come on, I really don't want to hear about your personal life or whatever it may be. This is especially awkward on the TTC when everyone's quiet and there's just that one person talking on their cell phone to no end.

2.
DON'T talk/text while driving. There are hands-free sets for a reason! Are people really not at all worried about getting into car accidents? It's a really good thing there's a new ban on cell phone calls that aren't hand free.

3.
Texting like there's no tomorrow when you're with company. Actually, I've been guilty of this one... Oops? But still, when it's come to the point that you're completely ignoring who you're with and giving all attention to your phone, it should stop!

4.
Stop playing your music for the whole world to hear. People do this a lot on buses. Most of the time, it's not even good music... So please, use headphones! Or just don't play the music at all. I mean, people can wait till they get home to listen to their music, right?

4.
Turn the volume off at school. Keeping your cellphone on vibrate is fine, in my opinion. And I can understand sometimes people forget to turn the volume off, but hearing a song playing indicating a phone ringing can get pretty distracting. And we all have enough distractions at Ward.. I particularly don't like the ring tone that's some sort of high pitched sound. People always abuse it and play it on purpose, which gets annoying.

Soo, I love cell phones as much as the next person, but people generally need to be more considerate when using theirs.
Okay, happy texting (: ..and calling, if that's what you like.

2 comments:

Priscilla C. said...

Velanie,
I loved your rules on cell phone usage! I have also once neglected company to text... accidentally, never again! I like how you pointed out how phones ringing can cause huge distractions!
Great Blog, happy blogging :D

-Priscilla

amanda* said...

Hi Velanie, I like your blog too :) I'm sitting beside Tammy @ Math and she doesn't know I'm writing this LOL. Anyways, yes cell phones ARE cool x)