Jun 4, 2009

Eccentrick!


To me, Art show week is one of the most exciting of the whole year. I've seen the art show for the past couple of years, ever since my elementary school would bring us to Mary Ward and we'd go on a little tour. The art in the show fascinates me quite a bit. I think I could actually spend my whole day looking at all the pieces, paintings, and photographs, hah.

This year was my first year visiting the Art show on opening night. One thing in particular that I really liked on opening night that I don't think many people got to see, or even knew was there, was some of the live music. While in the hall that had the grade 10's paper lanterns, my friend and I heard some music. We eventually got to some random room, and there was a guy playing the guitar and singing. I happened to really like the music he was playing, and wondered why he wasn't playing in the Comm. area.. He was definitely more than good enough!

In general, I really liked all of the art, but I think I could say that every year.. What I thought was really fun to look at this year were the grade 10's multiple exposure pictures. Some of them were really funny and creative. I also liked the drawings of celebrities that grade 12 (I think) Art students drew. They were really detailed and the one of the Olsen twin caught my eye in particular. I would love to be able to draw like that one day. (:

To sum it up, I love Art shows.

1 comment:

Mandy C said...

Truly, the Mary Ward annual art show has lived up to its reputation year after year, probably being one of the best art shows in Toronto put on by a high school. I also enjoyed the celebrity sketches and yes, i definitely remember a sketch of an Olsen twin! That was amazing. Very detailed indeed.