
Technology has become a staple in everyone's lives, no doubt. Gotta love it. It allows us to do so many things -- fly across the world, talk to people miles away with MSN, it entertains us very greatly.. and that list could go on and on and on. I have to admit though, sometimes it bothers me how heavily our society relies on technology. Louis C.K. gets this message out using comedy, in a video I thought was really funny, but which also had a really good point.
I realize how much I rely on technology whenever there's a blackout in my neighbourhood. I seriously dread blackouts, especially if it's the evening/night. When they happen, I always feel like there's suddenly nothing to do without electricity. There goes watching TV, going on the computer, using the microwave! A few weeks ago, there was a blackout in my area that lasted quite a few hours. At first it was alright because I was at my friend's house and it was still bright outside. We killed time playing Spoons by her kitchen window. Then I came home and felt completely lost. What was I going to do now?! I ended up spending the time reading a book with candlelight.....haha. It wasn't so bad, actually. And it made me feel a little good, not using up any electricity like I normally would.
I will always be amazed by technology. Just thinking about all the possible things people will invent in the future is pretty exciting. But at the same time, we need to learn how to live relying on technology a little less. I guess I wouldn't even mind it THAT much if there were more black outs.... just maybe. (:
3 comments:
I often feel that too when there is a blackout. I hate it when there is a blackout, the only good thing good about it is that I get to eat all the ice-cream from the freezer (: By the ways nice layout keep up the good work! Can't wait to read more post by you !
I LOVE BLACKOUTS! I seriously do. Okay, once in awhile. Reading is fun! :)
Post a Comment